Conventional loans are not guaranteed or insured by the Veteran's Administration (VA) or Federal Housing Authority (FHA).
* Max Loan amounts up to $484,350 (in FL)
* Down payment from 3% and up
* Down payment less than 20% require Mortgage insurance.
Insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), these loans typically have lower down payments and more flexible credit requirements than non-government-backed loans.
* Max loan amount in central Florida $314,827
* Minimum down payment 3.5% of purchase price
* Only for financing a primary residence
* Two types of mortgage insurance (MI) are required:
- Upfront MI- can be financed into the loan
- Annual MI- paid monthly as part of the mortgage payment.
VA Home Loans
the government created the VA Loan which is a government-insured mortgage program to minimize down payments, lower closing costs, and help those currently serving and veterans achieve the dream of homeownership.
* Down payment 0%
* VA interest rates and APR's tend to be lower when compared to other home loan mortgage programs
* No Mortgage insurance require